Protecting father's rights in courts

Category: Attorney

I do not know if this will help

Published / by figadmin

I do not know if this will help but in some states, once the attorney takes a case and appears in court, the attorney cannot get out of the case without the permission of the judge. And, until the judge grants that permission, the attorney has to represent the client to the best of his or her abilities. In your instance, that would mean that the attorney has to continue representing your husband until the judge has granted a MOTION TO WITHDRAW.

Sometimes an attorney attempts to enter a limited appearance for 1 hearing or so but in Connecticut that is generally not permitted in divorce.

What you need to do is find out what the rules are in your state governing the attorney/client relationship. You can start with the local bar association. There may also be INFOLINES listed in the telephone book. The local COURT CLERKS office may be able to direct you to the section of the LOCAL RULES OF CIVIL PROCEDURE or you could go to the LAW LIBRARY and ask the reference librarian to assist you. In the latter two instances, a personal appeal works a lot better than a telephone call.

You might want to check to see if your state has a GRIEVANCE COMMITTEE charged with investigating complaints of unethical conduct by attorneys. They might have an opinion on this.

Hope this helps and good luck.

I talked to my better half

Published / by figadmin

I talked to my better half and this is what she had to say on the matter. It’s not much due to the attorneys not being in today but it may point you in the right direction!

It sounds like this couple needs to get a new attorney asap. No attorneys are here today, so I don’t have anyone to ask.

My suggestion is that she may want to try calling or going by the Courthouse and asking if they have a form of the pleading she needs to file. If they do, then they should probably fill it out and try and file it. As for the bar – it probably wouldn’t hurt either calling them or writing them. I would suggest calling them. Her main focus should be to try and fet the modification filed.

Also, she can try calling other attorneys in her area to see what they suggest. I hope this helps. Let me know if she responds.